Tuesday, July 12, 2016

July in 13 Pictures

The absolutely wonderful ''all things Russian'' blogger Katherine over at ''8 Months in Ukraine'' recently shared 13 pictures that have defined her July thusfar, ending the post with the question, ''Meanwhile, what thirteen things have defined your July so far?''. 

So without further ado...

#1. Both band and choir have been keeping me busy.  Last Saturday alone the band played for two weddings and children's bible week.

#2. The European soccer championships had everyone excited.  And while Germany lost in the semi-finals against France, a good time was had by all.
#3. Collecting visas and booking tickets and accommodations for our trip.  A word of advice - if you want the Uzbek or Tajik embassies to process and send you back your visa, you're going to need to call them and be bothersome before they get anything done. 

#4. I've been down in Stockdorf with my host kiddo several days this month, taking advantage of the opportunity to spend some precious time with my little minion.  I love seeing her learn new things and become more and more independent.  On the 4th of July we baked a cake and she proudly proclaimed to everyone that it was ''America day''.

#5. Finally got in for a trim.  Probably shouldn't have told the hairdresser that the last time I got it cut was February ;)
#6. Got a spiffy new backpack for the summer travels
#7. In addition to packing my backpack, I've been packing up quite a bit of the apartment, as I'll be subletting it during our month of traveling. 

#8. I took the time to hop over to the cute little town of Esslingen for a day.
 
#9. I just love having fresh-baked cakes around the house for afternoon coffee or breakfast time.
#10. Fully taking advantage of all the summer time fresh things to eat.  As I am writing this I am eating a bowl of grapes for lunch. 
#11. Even though we have two full weeks of teacher time before the school year begins, I wanted to get some planning done ahead of time as well.

#12. I recently was gifted some Amazon gift cards, so I've been using them to order some small things for the apartment that I've been meaning to buy for a while. 

#13. Despite all that there is to do, I've been trying to spend as much time in nature as possible.  Thankfully, I live about 200 meters from the entrance to a beautiful forest area.

I couldn't be happier with my decision to take a considerable amount of time off before beginning my new teaching job in the fall.  So far my July has been exactly what I needed. And in just one week the real adventures begin!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Chelsea!! What a wonderful month you've had so far :) Happy travels to you and Mario!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm SO EAGERLY waiting for a Ukraine update from you...

      Delete