Sunday, December 7, 2014

First Week on the Job

Five days with some of the most adorable little kiddos you ever did meet and my first week at my new job has come to an end.

The school itself is beautiful and my classroom is spacious and full of light.

Nearly all of the kids understand English and can speak a bit as well, with a few who are quite fluent. And even those who don't yet understand much are eager to learn and great me every day with smiles and hugs none the less.

Sometimes the days have stressful moments, like when I have to keep some of my most mischievous little fellows from carrying out their sneaky plans or have to separate the boys tackling each other during play time for what seems like the hundredth time. But then I feel someone tugging at my leg and look down to see the sweetest little pair of big brown eyes staring up at me. Or a naughty little one comes to me with a sincere apology and a big hug. Or best of all when they are just so excited to speak English to me and I see that I actually can do this job. Those are the moments that make me so glad that I decided to take this job and that reassure me that being a teacher is where my heart really is. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Chelsea! As a potential teacher, I can completely relate!!

    ReplyDelete