Sunday, July 13, 2014

This week's happenings

I find that the weeks here go by so quickly! This weeks highlights included:

Peaceful mornings in the city
There's something so attractive about a morning spent wandering the streets of the center of Munich on a weekday morning when it's less crowded, but still so full of life. Whether it's window shopping or coffee with a friend, taking advantage of my free mornings always puts me in a good mood.

Salsa Dancing class on Tuesday
To be honest I was a bit nervous about taking on Latin dance, but our teacher makes it so easy and fun that I can't help but have a great time. Here's to many more weeks of Salsa Tuesdays!

Watching Germany completely stomp Brazil and move on to the World Cup Finals
Surreal! That's all I can say about that 7-1 victory.  I think I was in shock the majority of the game.  Walking around the city afterwards was also incredible.  The rain certainly didn't stop Munich from celebrating and celebrating with a new friend made it even better! I'm now anxiously awaiting the Germany vs Argentina match tonight and wanting so so badly a German victory!

Band Practice
T-minus two weeks until our first performance!

Loads of cuddles and storytime
Some of the most precious moments of the day with my little minion (yes, we play ''Despicable Me'' a lot around here!)...I'm definitely loving that our library has an English children's books section :)

New Friends
I've met a few more girls this week and am always thankful for these new friendships with other au pairs from all over the world. It certainly warms my heart and keeps a smile on my face.

Daily Diaries Link up

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to visit Munich. I hear soooo many amazing things about it! I also love when you catch a city during quiet periods, it's so much more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete