Thursday, July 3, 2014

That one time I joined a band

Living abroad, there are definite ups and downs in my life.  There are days when I just want to stay in my room with a good book and a cup of tea or within the comfort of my host family bubble.  There are other days, however, when I feel like I can take on the whole world.  Days when I'm a total "Yes (wo)Man" and down to give anything a try, confident in myself, my language abilities, and my place in this new community which I am attempting to make my home.

And it was on a day like that when I found myself answering an online advertisement looking for a female singer for a band in Munich, talking to the organizer of the band on the phone, meeting up with him and his wife after church on Sunday, and attending my first band practice Wednesday evening.  I love everything about the band - the songs we sing, the people, doing something I love, the chance to spend time with more locals, feeling valued, and just being filled with joy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment