Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Fourth of July Weekend

Fourth of July this year was quite nice! Even though I was far from home, the day had just enough celebrating to make it something special. After kindergarten the munchkin and I baked a cake and decorated it with strawberries and blueberries in the pattern of an American flag.

The sun was shining all day and it was nice and warm, so when the kiddo headed off to go swimming at Oma and Opa's I was free to head into the center to meet my friends.
After a bit of a run around town we finally got to eat some yummy burgers in the center and celebrate Germany's win again France. We continued our dual Fourth of July/Germany's win celebration into the night and much fun was had by all :)

The weekend brought continued fun when I made a new friend o. Saturday and enjoyed swimming and Lake Starnberg with my host family on Sunday.

Definitely a 4th of July weekend to be remembered fondly!

No comments:

Post a Comment