Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Supergeil Saturday and Sentimental Sunday



Supergeil - A slangy German word meaning "super cool" which is used entirely too often by the members of my German class thanks to this little video...


So while my Saturday was nothing like that guy's supergeil life, it was supergeil in its own way, none the less.

Saturday afternoon we headed out to go hiking in Brown County State Park.  The weather was perfect and it felt great to be out exercising in the fresh air.  I was the (self) appointed fearless leader of the group.


The trail was, according to the map, one big loop, but once we started the trek back from the lake, it seemed to be taking longer than it should have to get back to where we had parked the cars.  This wouldn't have been a problem, except that we had horseback riding reservations at 5:00 and were, in principle, supposed to be there 20 minutes early.  Ivana and I ended up running ahead of the group to get the cars and then driving back to pick up everyone else. We were cutting it awfully close, but luckily we were still able to go riding!

We showed up wearing the same shirt...typical!

We made it!
Horsies!

Sunday morning I went to church with friends, as usual, but this Sunday was extra special - it was Palm Sunday.The service was absolutely beautiful with some of my favorite hymns, including "Hosanna Loud Hosanna" and "All Glory Laud and Honor".  I just LOVE Palm Sunday - always have, always will!

As the Communion comes to an end, the congregation sings two short lines "Jesus, remember me, when you come into your kingdom. Jesus, remember me, when you come into your kingdom.", which are repeated until the communion time is over. In the pew in front of us was a family with three little boys who had been squirmily sitting through the church service with their parents.  When this song began, however, all three little boys knew the words and melody and sang along the entire time.  Oh my heart it was just too precious! Seeing little children sing to Jesus is one of the sweetest things ever in my eyes and I may have gotten a little choked up...no shame! 

Displaying IMG_20140413_163902.jpg
Palm branch crosses 

Sunday evening I had to go to a guitar concert for my guitar class.  The concert was good, as always, but what really made the evening special was that afterwards my friend Ivana and I decided to go adventuring since it was such a nice warm evening. We got bubble tea and just walked and talked. It was simple, but it was perfect! I really needed it and it definitely ended my weekend on a high note.  So thankful for such a dear friend! 

1 comment:

  1. Chelsea, that song is awesome!!! :P It cracks me up!!

    ReplyDelete