Friday, April 4, 2014

A blog post jam-packed with excitement!

I'm moving to Munich!!!

Bring on the bretzel and beer!

And I'm traveling to Belarus!!!

woo-hoo!
And my capstone thesis was selected to be presented at the end of the semester symposium!

Displaying IMG_20140129_170322.jpg

This is just too much excitement for one blog post!

Just a few short days after graduation I'll be on a plane to Germany to meet up with some of my favorite Germans, only to get on a plane to Minsk the very next day.  Normally getting a visa for Belarus is a headache and a half and expensive to boot, but due to the fact that Belarus is host to an international hockey championship this summer, ticket holders can enter the country visa-free.  Having found this out, we snatched up some cheap tickets for the Kazakhstan - USA and Finland - Switzerland matches, booked some beds in a hostel, and scored a sweet deal on flights! I honestly thought that Belarus would be one of the last, if not the last, country in Europe for me, so I am beyond stoked for some more Slavic sightseeing!

So much Belarus, so little time!

I have a few days to relax in Munich, but will also be making a quick weekend trip to Berlin! Berlin and Munich aren't exactly close, but how often is your dear friend and freshman year roommate in the same European country as you??? Plus it's been 3 years since my first trip to Berlin, so I want to give the German capital another chance. 
Berlin fun in 2011

And there's even more exciting news! After an action-packed month of May, I start a new au pair adventure in the beginning of June! This time, however, it's not just a summer gig, but a whole year! I can't wait to meet my newest "little sister" and German host family! My first au pair experience, short as it was, was unforgettable and my Unterhaching family will always hold a special place in my heart. I'm so excited to improve my German, make new friends, and travel! I have high hopes for the year and high expectations for myself and can't wait to see what the next year brings!

1 comment:

  1. What awesome news, Chelsea!!! : ) I'm going to read every single post of yours about visiting Belarus and being an au pair in Germany to live vicariously through your adventures. Had always wanted to be an au pair there, but things never worked out.

    ReplyDelete