Monday, March 31, 2014

News!

Recently I wrote a post about why I want to become a teacher. But all of those reasons in themselves aren't going to get me a job. And all of those days spent in the classroom don't mean much without a precious piece of paper known as a teaching certification.

That is why I am happy to announce that I have been accepted into a teaching certification program starting in July!

The great thing about this program is that I can complete my coursework online and do my practical experiences in a local classroom. I have to take the exams in the US, but I can take them at any point. I'm going to take the first one in April and the remaining ones hopefully when I come home for Christmas.

Even though it is a bit more work and an extra exam I have decided to do two areas of specialization instead of just one - Elementary Education (K-6) and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) (K-12).

I'm beyond excited to further my education in this unique way and really see it as a step in the right direction for me. I can't wait to discover the doors that this will open!

Oh, and don't worry, the move to Germany is still a go. Tune in next time for some more exciting news about that!

Summer classroom, Russia, 2013

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Looking forward to your next bit of news too : )

    ReplyDelete