Monday, January 27, 2014

Pray for Ukraine!

In the past week I have given two formal presentations on the situation in Ukraine.  I have talked about it with at least one person (but more often than not with many people) each and every day. I check the internet for news updates every couple of hours and touch base with friends in Kiev as well as in other parts of Ukraine.

The purpose of this post is not to regurgitate my presentations - they were completely in Russian, anyhow.  If you don't know about what is happening in Ukraine, please open a new tab right now and type "Ukraine" or "Euromaidan" into a search engine of your choice.  The purpose of this post isn't to tell you who is right and who is wrong, nor is it to offer some unheard-of enlightening analysis of the situation.  I'm not going to offer my prediction of what awaits Ukraine and I certainly don't have a solution to offer that will bring peace and contentment to all of Ukraine.

..........

But I am praying for Ukraine.  Sending well wishes and words of encouragement.  Waiting fervently for a piece of good news or a spark of hope or a glimpse of peace.  I don't know what the future holds for Ukraine and there are scenarios that I don't even want to imagine.  So all I can do is pray...and I will. Because I love Ukraine and seeing the country broken and divided makes my heart just ache with sadness.  





















Боже, я молюсь за Україну,
Боже, молю Тебе за людей.
Ти їх прости, Ти їх спаси
І милість Свою нам яви.
Боже, я знаю, що Ти будеш з нами
В Храмі Своему під небесами.
Радість і мир Ти дарував
Життя за людей віддав
В книгу життя нас записав.


1 comment: