Saturday, January 25, 2014

It's a Boy!!!

Tomorrow afternoon just before 5 PM we will be congratulating little David James on 1 week out in this big ol' world!

His day of birth was quite the event.  After coming home Friday night and anxiously hoping that the little man would make his appearance before the end of the long weekend, I was definitely relieved and excited when my mama poked her head into my room in the wee hours of Sunday morning to tell me that today would be the day.

The wait at the hospital was long, but with an assignment to finish, little Logan who wanted someone to play with, and making a couple of food runs with my brother, we passed the time until baby arrived.

Just minutes after he was born I got to hold that healthy, happy little blessing! He was wide-eyed and alert in the hours just after he was born and just so darn adorable!
Proud Uncle Joseph!

I love his face in this one!

Earlier in the day when all she could have was ice chips, my sister had told us that she really wanted a big cheesy pizza, so she was promised that after the birth she would get her pizza.  The promise was kept and later that night David had his very first pizza party! 
David, however, didn't seem to be too interested in eating pizza ;)

Earlier in the day when all she could have was ice chips, my sister had told us that she really wanted a big cheesy pizza, so she was promised that after the Monday morning we were back at the hospital.  When we got there David had come from the nursery in just a blanket, so I got to dress him in a cute little dinosaur onesie and have lots of cuddle time with the munchkin before heading back down to Btown.  


                                                        
                                                        
                                                        

This week David has been home with his mommy and daddy and is doing well, but probably not letting his parents sleep too much.  Mackenzie finally got to meet her nephew this weekend and help my sister out a bit.  I'm sure Oma has been spending lots of time cuddling her new grandson as well.  It's definitely a blessing for my sister to have so much family around to help out with the big transition. 






Having a new baby in the family is just so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment