Monday, January 13, 2014

Birthday!

I'm 22!!! My 22nd birthday was certainly one to remember and I already have a feeling that 22 is going to be a fantastic year!

My birthday celebrations started Saturday night by going out with friends to ring in my birthday. Everywhere was super crowded because it was a Saturday night, but we at around 11:30 we found a table at a small cafe/bar called "Vanilla Lounge" and ordered a round of fruity cocktails.  At midnight we toasted to my birthday and the boys gave a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday!"

:)

Birthday dress


After leaving that bar the boys each bought a doner and we headed to a cocktail bar that had been overcrowded earlier and were able to find a seat this time.  We each ordered a second cocktail and sat around talking and laughing until just after 2 am.  Our late night out meant that the U-bahn was no longer running and waiting for a night bus would have taken longer than just walking home - so walk home we did! It was quite the long walk and we didn't get in until almost 3:30, but all in all it was a great start to my birthday!

That late night out meant some sleeping in the next morning.  But when we finally got our sleepy selves out of bed Mario quickly disappeared from the room and came back carrying flowers and a cake!



It's still very much a mystery how he managed to get the cake and flowers home without me seeing them.  It made sense last year when I was working during winter break and he sometimes came home before me.  This year, however, I was always home before him and always let him in/saw him as soon he got home.  So I guess I'll just have to stick with his explanation which was simply "I'm a wizard" lol! 

In addition to the flowers and cake I had a pretty little present to unwrap - a box of various specialty teas! Then it was time to do what everyone should do on the birthday - eat cake for breakfast! I have to say, the cake tasted as good as it looked! :)



In the evening we were invited to dinner with Mario's brother and his girlfriend.  When we arrived they serenaded me with "Happy Birthday" and presented me with a cake and a present! It was a present enough that they invited us over for dinner, so it was sooo sweet of them to have made a cake and gotten me a present as well! The dinner still had a little bit of time left to cook, so we had some pre-dinner cake and sparkling wine.  The dinner itself was wonderful and oh so tasty! We followed dinner with a little more wine and conversation until I unintentionally brought the hangout to an abrupt end.  Although I have been feeling a lot better than a few days ago, I still have a bit of a pesky cough.  Unfortunately a coughing attack decided to happen and before I knew it coughing turned to watering eyes to gasping, choking, and, well, throwing up a bit of that delicious dinner right in the living room.  Talk about embarrassing!  Anyhow, after that little incident we decided it was time to go home where I almost immediately went to bed.

Today I woke up feeling better than yesterday and coughing a little bit less (everyday a little bit better!).  I did laundry in the morning and met Mario for lunch at the mensa (student cafeteria). I had a phone interview in the early afternoon and then headed back to the city center for a while to enjoy downtown Munich for the last time until March.  Tomorrow morning I fly back to the US and then Wednesday it's back to the books for one final semester - let's go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment