Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas time!

Since it is nearly New Year, I suppose I should say a few words about my Christmas! Finals week stretched right up to December 20th, so there weren't too many days at home before Christmas, but boy did we cram them fuller than full!

Driving home!
The first night home called for a lovely reunion dinner with my Russian teacher from high school and his wife. Saturday was filled with family time and an early Christmas feast and Sunday was spent at church and then a Christmas gathering with aunts, uncles, and cousins which involved delicious food and lots of good conversation. Monday we spent the first half of the day in Indianapolis and the evening going on our traditional Christmas lights sightseeing adventure. And then just like that it was Christmas Eve day, which was spent with family and ended in a beautiful candlelight service at church.  My mom and I stayed up late Christmas Eve, making a last-minute Christmas surprise for my little sister, so the 7am Christmas morning wake-up came a little too soon. Nevertheless Christmas morning was a blast and I recieved so many wonderful gifts.  We ate our traditional Christmas morning breakfast of egg-bake and waited for my older sister to come over with her husband to open presents with them as well! We late morning we had to hit the rode to the airport so that I could set out on my latest adventure.

Having spent last Christmas in Russia, I can't even begin to describe how amazing it was to be home for Christmas this year. My family's traditions are so special to me and I certainly missed them while away! Hope you all had the merriest of Christmases as well!

Here are some pictures! 
Making a hospital visit to a former neighbor
Logan opening presents on Christmas Eve
Family picture before church
Christmas pajamas - only this year, we matchd!!
Because we always need a picture with the cat!
Lion King style :D
Traditional Christmas Eve movie
Christmas morning!!
Stockings!
Christmas morning breakfast
Sister and nephew

No comments:

Post a Comment