Monday, November 4, 2013

Catching up




This weekend I had the chance to catch up on a few things I was really missing during my 15 months abroad. The first was Avers spinach pizza. Ever since freshman year way back when we lived in the dorms, my friend Chelsea and I have had a tradition. Whenever we needed a girls night, pizza, breadsticks, and soda were accompanied by hours if girl talk and some sort of girly TV or movie. With both of us being overseas, nearly a year and a half had passed since our last spinach pizza date. So, when the doorbell rang around 8:30 PM, we couldn't wait to get our hands on that pizza. Pizza like Avers, with thick crust and plenty of cheese, just doesn't exist in most of eastern Europe. I remember times in Ukraine when my roommates and I would talk about the foods we missed from back home and pizza was always at the top of my list! Friday night's pizza definitely didn't disappoint!


Saturday afternoon, after leading a Borsch-making event at the Global Village (yummmm) I headed to the stadium for another Bloomington exclusive - IU football.  I'm not much of a sports fan, but there is something about cheering on your uni's team on a beautiful brisk fall day with family and friends that just makes my heart happy.  And while IU may have lost and while I may have been shivering from head to toe by the end of the game, it was worth every second of it!
Chelsea and Chelsea :)


Watching the game with my mama
No game is complete without some tasty kettle corn!
Four years of friendship))

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend as much as I did and caught up on some things you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment