Friday, July 19, 2013

Welcome to Tallinn!

My bus ride to Tallinn went quickly by and my trek to the hostel was extremely easy and pleasantly uneventful. At the hostel I checked in and was shown my room by the friendly staff. I had one of the nicest, hottest, showers I'd had in a good long time and spent some time relaxing in thr common room of thr hostel. At 7:30 PM the strict no social media rule goes into effect and the evening's shenanigans begin. I signed up for the hostel dinner and enjoyed a big plate of delicious rice and chicken curry for a mere three euros. Everyone in the hostel was in the common room playing drinking games and chilling out and I found myaelf laughing a lot and having a lot of fun with all of my slightly crazy fellow travelers. Since the hostel is in a building with other apartments, the commom room closes at 11 PM and the fun moves out to the city. We started out at a rather inexpensive bar where I spent almost two hours chatting to a former Moldova Peace Corps volunteer. We exchanged stories of Eastern European wanderings and adventures.The next stop was a bar called Shooters, but it was overcrowded and not terribly fun. We mostly justwanted to dance, so we were happy when it was time to move on to our final destination - Club Hollywood. We got free entry with our group and quickly took to the dance floor. The music was loud and the atmosphere fun, but by about 4:30 home seemed like a good idea. The sun ws already coming up aswe made our way back to the hostel. Maybe the early morning sunshine gave us energy, but for whatever reason we found ourselves chilling on the common room couches chatting until 5:30 AM. Having come to Tallinn completely alone, I already found myself feeling that I had some friends after just one night in the city!

1 comment: