Friday, January 4, 2013

A Liebster Surprise


After writing my post about my Box of Love from the USA, I was shocked to see in the comments that 8 Months in Ukraine had nominated my blog for a Liebster Blogging Award.  Well, let's be honest, I had no idea what a Liebster Blogging Award was, so I hopped on over to her page and learned that (quoting her blog) -
 "The idea behind this award is to connect up-and-coming bloggers. It's kind of like a a pat on the back, a "Hi, I like your work" to the authors, and a way to help your readers find more great blogs."

I think that the idea is awesome and a fun, encouraging way to connect the blogging community.  And let me not forget to say that you, 8 Months in Ukraine, have quite the wonderful blog yourself! I recommend checking it out, those of you reading my blog!

     


So now it's my turn to pass on the love to some darling bloggers. 

In His Hands - One of my very favorite blogs, written by a family friend.  It began with the story of the adoption of their dear sweet boy from Korea and continues to tell the story of their lives. 

Samantha's Bucket List - My dear friend's documentation of the ongoing completion of her personal bucket list.  

Bears, Beets, and Babushkas - I love that this blog is both informative and comical.  Elle's year abroad in Peter, living with a host grandmother and experiencing Russian culture at its finest, is full of all sorts of adventures worth reading about!

Oy the Joy - Yes, it's technically a tumblr account, but I'm nominating it all the same.  Ivana posts all sorts of cuteness and so openly shares what is on her heart and mind. Also, she is an amazing photographer!

When I think back on the beginning of this blog, 21 months, 120 posts, and over 3,500 views ago, I realize that I could never have predicted what has come to pass.  When I created this blog I was gearing up for my first trip to Ukraine, the country which stole my heart and in which I ended up again just a little over a year later.  During that first summer in Ukraine Mario and I met and have since been brought together again and again for all sorts of fun shinanigans together all over Europe.  My life has been turned upside down, inside out, and all around, but I can truly say that I am happy and always looking forward to the next adventure!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to checking out the blogs you nominated! :)

    ReplyDelete