Friday, January 4, 2013

A Box of Love from the USA

Arriving in Germany Sunday morning, Mario and I spent the day enjoying the gorgeously warm and sunny day in a small town we happened upon.  By the time we got home I was really excited to give Mario the Christmas/New Year's gifts I had for him, but had to wait until after our walk around Munich in the evening.  After we had exchanged gifts Mario informed me that there was one more present.  He opened his closet and produced a large white box - my Christmas package from America!!! I couldn't believe it and was as giddy as a small child on Christmas morning.  I wasn't expecting it for another week or so, but the good old postal service far exceeded my expectations.  I tried to video call my mom, so that she could be there for the opening, but after a few tries I found out that she was somewhere without wifi, so I opened it up and gave her a call a little later.  The box was filled to the brim with all sorts of goodies! I got scarves and socks, leg-warmers and Christmas PJs. My favorite perfume and a calender of kittens was to be found inside as well as a gift card from my godfather and a hand-knitted scarf and headband from the grandmother. A cute little teddy bear in a Santa hat brought a smile to my face and I will be happy to have more than enough bobby pins and hair ties for the rest of the year.  There was an abundance of stickers and English greeting cards for my students and some magazines and devotion books for my friends at church.  There was even an Indianapolis Colts t-shirt for Mario and chocolates and a card for his parents.  He soon put the t-shirt on and immediately began claiming them as "his football team".  Even better, they won their game that night. We shared the Hershey's chocolate bar while watching TV and it tasted like home.  There are a few more cards which I'm not allowed to open on my birthday, so the excitement of the box continues! The package put me in a silly, happy, smiley mood all night and I couldn't stop gushing over how excited I was about all of it.  There could have been anything in that box and I would have been happy, but everything mom sent was absolutely perfect!  I am so spoiled to get so many gifts from home while I am thousands of miles away!

Opening it was quite the challenge


Go Colts!

Ipod Covers. The flag ones are for a Ukrainian friend :)

Teddy bear, perfume, and hair things

All sorts of cute stuff for staying warm!


My lovely new necklace from Mario!



1 comment:

  1. Chelsea, congrats on the care package :) Care packages rock!! I'm totally jealous of your English stickers, btw.

    Also, wanted to tell you that there's a Liebster nomination for you on my blog (http://8monthsinukraine.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-big-thank-you-milestones-and-liebster.html#more) You've got a great blog!

    ReplyDelete