Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Москва!

Three years later I finally found myself back in Moscow! Three years ago I was a jet-lagged, overwhelmed little kid being rushed around the city in a giant pack of classmates.  In short, I didn't have a very good time.  But three years later a lot has changed.  Moscow is about the same, but I am a much different person.  My spirit of adventure is stronger than ever and I am much more confident as both a traveler and a speaker of Russian.  This time around I spent four full days exploring the city with my small bunch of groupmates.  I was just as impressed and overwhelmed as three years ago, but in only the best of ways.  I took photo after photo, remembering also to put the camera down and just take it all in.  I gazed upon the artistic masterpieces, impressive jewels, and uniquely beautiful buildings which reflect the history of Moscow.  It was mighty cold in Moscow, but we bundled up and took on the city, filling ourselves with hot tea at the end of the day.  Once you start loving Moscow, you can't stop.  I am already looking forward to the trip there in the spring and already have a list of what I want to do and where I want to go!

Just a few of my many pictures

My first views of Red Square, three years later


Group!

All bundled up, enjoying some nightime Red Square

Changing of the guards

Changing of the guards

Church of Jesus Christ the Savior 

Front entrance of Church of Jesus Christ the Savior


Pretty!

Buddies!

One more shot of the church

Izmailovo



Starbucks! There is so much in Moscow that we don't have in Ukraine.

Yummy!

Church inside of the Kremlin

More Red Square - at night!!

love!

Old Arbat > New Arbat!

Old Arbat

At Moscow State University


Impressive!

Tunnel at Moscow State University.  Don't worry Moscow, I'll be back in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment