Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It has been about a week, so it is time for another blog update.  I kept busy the rest of last week with my regular au pair awesomeness.  The kids are so fun and for those of you who know me well, you know how much a enjoy housework (like seriously, I'm not being sarcastic at all, I may be a little crazy about it). Friday was the kick-off of Bürgerfest (the internets tell me the 40th annual) here in Unterhaching.  The kids came excitedly running into the house Friday evening, telling me that the festival had begun and before I knew it I was chasing three excited 8 year olds to the festivities.  The festival was filled with food, games, rides, music, and many a lederlosen-clad gent and dirndl-clad gal. When we had had our fill of fun we headed back home and played for a bit.  After Leni and Berni went to bed I was reading in my room and fell asleep lights on and still in my day clothes.  I guess I was tired! Saturday I slept in and made Schnitzel with the family! It was fun and delicious and oh so Bavarian! Later Mario and I went to Tegernsee not so much for the lake as much as to just get out of Munich for a bit.  We climbed up some mountain paths that were often steep enough to make me feel like I was perpendicular to them and Sunday morning my shins let me know about it. It was a fun afternoon though and when we got back to Munich Central Station I bought a book in English from the bookstore inside the station.  I had been wanting to get my hands on some good reading and I'm already happy with my decision. The book is entitled Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity, and Poverty - check it out if you have time to dive into about 500 pages! Sunday I woke up a little early and did some studying over breakfast and coffee.  I did my laundry and had a slight disagreement with the washing machine.  I thought I was doing everything exactly as I did last time, but for some reason my clothes were in that washing machine FOREVER! The real kicker is that the machine door locks while washing, so even if I turned to power off my clothes were trapped inside.  Eventually it finished its extreme cleaning of my clothes and I got them out.  It was pretty warm so Mario and I met up at the river for a little laying in the sun and then a short walk around Munich. Monday I went late to school so that I could go to the Ukrainian Consulate to submit all of my documents and pay for the visa.  When the Consular was checking all of my documents his reaction to my passport was "oooo America!" The man who processed the payment was equally as confused, but they told me that on July 18th I can come back and pick up my passport with Ukrainian Visa! YAY!
Lately I've been baking quite a bit because I have the time and it's a lot of fun.  I think the kids appreciate the yummies as well)) In addition to sugar cookies I have also made Snickerdoodles and banana bread.  I want to experiment with some new recipes soon! 
всего хорошего!

No comments:

Post a Comment