Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 8 (Thursday, January 5, 2012)

Today our journeys took us to Oxford! It's an adorable university town and we spent all day walking around and enjoying a day of mostly nice weather.  When we stopped in a supermarket to buy sandwiches for lunch I'm pretty sure the woman working thought that we were students because she was asking us how our Christmas break was and such.  It was cute and she was really friendly.  Today was such a joy-filled day that I had to try hard not to think about it being our last full day together.  The whole journey home from Oxford we chatted about life in general again. It's great having someone who is so easy to talk to and in Russian even! At the beginning of the train trip Mario started speaking English randomly just for fun, but a few sentences later Russian words kept popping up unintentionally.  I was even having a hard time speaking my own native language, so after no more than a few minutes it was back to Russian.  I realized how long it had been since I had any sort of meaningful conversation in English besides "Where's the underground station?" or "I'd like to buy a ticket.". When we got back to the hostel we had a relaxing last evening in London.  I think we were both a bit burnt out from the entire trip with so much walking, so many late nights, and often not quite enough sleep.  We had planned to go down to the bar or out somewhere in the city for a bit, but as we were chilling on my bunk we both ended up falling asleep.  At one point I woke up and looked at my clock, slightly terrified that we had overslept our flights, but was relieved to see that it was only about 1:30am.  At that point we decided to just change into pjs and call it a night for the few hours before our early Friday morning alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive